European Commissioner for Equality
- Strengthening Europe’s commitment to inclusion and equality in all of its senses, irrespective of sex, racial or ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation.
- Leading the fight against discrimination and developing EU anti-discrimination legislation.
- Leading on EU implementation of the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
- Developing a European Gender Strategy to address barriers for women, including gender mainstreaming and equality at work with binding pay transparency.
- Ensuring the full implementation of the Work-Life Balance Directive.
- Progressing on the Women on Boards Directive with Member States and advancing the empowerment of women and girls.
- Stepping up the EU’s response to gender-based violence and strengthening the Victims Directive.
- Exploring the addition of ‘violence against women’ to the list of EU crimes and supporting EU accession to the Istanbul Convention.